SEARCH IN THE GALAXY
552 items found for ""
- Poly Versiof aka Jairaj Varsani | Foundation Apple TV+
Poly Versiof Get all site news Description Poly Versiof is a young boy in Foundation who lives on the planet Terminus . He has a few friends in the first episode of Season 1 : Keir , Gia and Laylo . All of these kids are fascinated by a mysterious Vault . Portrayed by Jairaj Varsani Appearance Season 1 Photos gallery
- Lewis Pirenne aka Elliot Cowan | Foundation Apple TV+
Lewis Pirenne Get all site news Description Lewis Pirenne is one of the Foundation members who volunteered to go to Terminus to carry out Hari Seldon ' s plan. He was part of the Foundation budgetary committee alongside Mari . Portrayed by Elliot Cowan Appearance Season 1 Photos gallery
- Julia Farino as Zephyr Gilat | Foundation TV Show / Series | Apple TV+
Julia Farino as Zephyr Gilat Get all site news Photo credit : Elina Dmitrieva Biography Julia Farino is a British actress and singer who now lives in Los Angeles following over 20 years of performing in the UK in television, film, West End theatre and on UK tours. She has worked with stars as diverse as Sir John Gielgud and Sir Elton John, Robbie Williams, Michael Madsen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Brian Cox OBE, to name but a few. As a vocalist, from rock and pop vocals to resident jazz singer at The Dorchester Hotel, London, Julia has covered it all, even reaching No 2 in Tower Records in Japan singing, Ooh Gary Gary, a song about the England striker, Gary Lineker, on an album of football songs ! Julia’s television credits include Veep (HBO), Jane The Virgin (The CW), Age of the Living Dead playing the President of the United States (Amazon Prime), The Gifted (Fox), My Haunted House (Lifetime), Days of our Lives (NBC), True Nightmares (Investigation Discovery), Crocodile Shoes with Jimmy Nail (ITV) and In Suspicious Circumstances with Edward Woodward, OBE (Granada Television). Julia’s film credits include Oscar Wilde’s, Lady Windermere’s Fan, The Wrong Neighbor, Court of Appeals, My Little Girl Is Gone, Icarus (for which she won Best Actress at the River Bend Film Festival), Kiss Kiss, Solver, Clocking The T, Synapse, If Tomorrow, Locked Out, We Detected That Your Footage May Be Shaky and Jeanine. And for all those sci fi and comic con fans, Julia appears in the video, I was a Doctor Who Monster! (Reeltime Pictures) with Sylvester McCoy who played the seventh Doctor in the BBC franchise. Julia’s theatre work includes playing leading roles in Les Misérables (West End, London), Calendar Girls, Laughter In The Rain, The Cherry Orchard, the world premiere of, Alfie – The Musical and the title roles in The Little Prince and Cinderella. Julia has toured the UK and Ireland playing Barbara Orbison and k. d. lang in The Roy Orbison Story – Only the Lonely, and as Brenda in the musical comedy, Somebody Loves You, by Charles Way. Other work includes, The Pirates of Penzance, The Music Man and Mother Goose with Frankie Howerd, Maureen Lipman and Donald Sinden (Theatre Royal, West End, London). And Julia performed at both the 10th and 25th anniversary concerts of Les Misérables at the Royal Albert Hall and The 02 Arena in London. Alongside her work in theatre and film, Julia also had her own jazz trio in London and has played at many venues and clubs: The Dorchester Hotel, The Savoy Hotel, Pizza On The Park, The 606 Club, Selena Jones Jazz Room, Aspinalls Casino, Gala Casinos throughout the UK, The Grand Hotel Paradiso in France, the Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi and at countless jazz festivals throughout the UK and abroad. And, after establishing her Little Big Band in 2005, Julia launched her debut, jazz album, Don’t Talk To Me Of Love, a mixture of original songs and covers which received rave reviews. Dave Gelly in the UK national newspaper, The Observer, wrote, “Her cool voice and clear, direct phrasing fit effortlessly into all kinds of settings – swing, ballad, Latin, even Dixieland – and in every case the words and music sound as though they belong together, which is not as common as you might think.” Tracks from Julia’s album are also selling well in Singapore and Malaysia for EQ Records on several jazz compilation albums. And over the years, if you haven’t got up to make a cup of tea during the TV commercial breaks, you probably will have seen Julia popping up all over the place as she’s worked on a huge range of advertising campaigns: Chubb, Volkswagen, Tesco, Sky TV, Whiskas, Silvikrin Hairspray, Hewlett Packard, Greenpeace, Pedigree Chum, Dell, Embraer Jets, Bank of New York Mellon, Land of Leather, Epson, Humira, the list goes on. Julia loves variety and having her fingers in many pies! She’s even featured on the BAFTA winning video game, What Remains of Edith Finch. “Not knowing what’s around the corner keeps me energised,” says Julia. “Los Angeles is the perfect town for me as there is so much on offer. I hope the next 25 years of my career will be as exciting as the first 25”. (Source : juliafarino.com ) She is in the Foundation cast list (2021) as Zephyr Gilat and is present in 3 episodes . Follow her on : Twitter
- TV Show is out | What's the future of foundation-tv-show.com ?
Hi everyone, Foundation finally started with 2 awesome episodes that each person will have appreciated differently. WATCH FOUNDATION ON APPLE TV+ In any case, the enthusiasm was strong for the start of the series. Look what you have been doing to the site since yesterday ! I take this opportunity to announce what will be planned for the next few months and the direction the site will take. Of course, don't hesitate to propose suggestions in the comments and even to contribute to this adventure here. First of all I would like to say thank you When I launched this site in October 2020, I didn't think it was going to grow as big as it has today. At the time of writing this article we have reached : +1200 followers on Facebook +560 followers on Instagram +160 followers on Twitter (ok this one not really impressive ^^) +100 members on the fan community mobile app launched a few days ago So thank you for being part of this community which I hope will grow more and more over time. Remember that you will largely decide the future of foundation-tv-show.com through your participation. In 2021, the good old fan sites are in decline alongside the various social networks. I want to avoid this and offer a website where you will be immersed in the universe of Foundation. Of course while also finding useful information on the series and a community of committed fans. So what's the plan for the next few months ? The series has started and many new actors/actresses and characters need to be added to the website. As you can imagine, this is something that takes time when you are alone and I will do my best to make the updates as soon as possible. As for the characters, each will have their own description and photo gallery. This is what will take the longest time to set up. This is why any help is welcome so don't hesitate to provide a description for one or more characters. It is also possible to send screenshots to feed the photo gallery of a particular character. If you are an actor or actress it can also be very interesting to have a description of your character from your point of view. The contact email is : email@example.com These are the main additions that will be made to the site in the coming months. What direction will the site take? Another important thing to communicate to you is the direction the website is going to take. It will now be focused on the community part and in particular the mobile application which is a social network entirely dedicated to the Foundation series. The blog will continue to be fed from time to time but it will only be a secondary part. Why ? At first, I planned to add the latest news, my opinion and my theories, but I decided to put this project on hold for 2 reasons : 1. The latest news, opinions and theories can be fed in real time by the fan community itself via the forum and the mobile app. If we take the aspect of the latest news, it is impossible for me next to Twitter to offer the latest news in real time on the site unless I am on the site 24 hours a day. :) 2. Time has always been my worst enemy. So I had to make a choice on the parts on which I wanted to concentrate (at the beginning of the article). However, the blog can be fed in a collaborative way. So if you like to write, don't hesitate to submit an interesting article about Foundation and it will directly gain visibility with a large audience. You will of course be mentioned as the author. The contact email is : firstname.lastname@example.org But never forget that the choices I made now for the site will have little influence on what will become of foundation-tv-show.com in a few years. It will always be the community that will make the future of this website ! It is the very foundation of everything and I thank you for being a part of it. Sincerly yours, Kevin dang
- Foundation Official Trailer 2021 | New Game of Thrones ?
On August 19, 2021 Apple TV unveiled the impressive and epic official trailer for the Foundation series. This series which is one of the most anticipated of the year 2021 could well become the next Game of Thrones ! We let you check out this trailer and say what you think about it in the comment section. Don't forget that the official launch date will be : September 24, 2021 Foundation Official Trailer | August, 2021 Check out 229 screenshots from the trailer on this page : https://www.foundation-tv-show.com/trailer-august-2021 Trailer breakdown with David S. Goyer You can also discover the trailer breakdown with Showrunner David S. Goyer for IGN. Other articles related to the trailer The Verge Apple’s new Foundation trailer has some serious ‘Game of Thrones but in space’ energy Variety ‘Foundation’ Trailer Reveals How Apple Will Turn Isaac Asimov’s Book Series Into a TV Show (TV News Roundup)
- Foundation new teaser scene-by-scene breakdown
On June 28, 2021, Apple TV released a new Foundation teaser, one of the most anticipated series of 2021. We also know that the official release date is set for September 24, 2021. This series is eagerly awaited but also many fans of Isaac Asimov are apprehensive about the result. This new teaser has been talked about a lot in recent days. It reinforces the fears of some people while others are amazed by this new teaser which makes Dune's one less impressive (according to some tweets I have read). If I had to sum up this teaser in a single sentence : "Epic battles in space and on the ground like Star Wars, political and power conflicts like Game Of Thrones". In this article, I will therefore detail the scenes of this teaser according to my own eyes and feelings. You can of course react by commenting if you want to share your opinion on the teaser. If you like to write, don't forget that places are open as a volunteer writer to contribute interesting content about Foundation here : https://www.foundation-tv-show.com/contribute If you haven't read the books yet, the article may contain possible spoilers. Although I try to avoid them as much as possible and keep it as general as possible. So I recommend you to read the books before continuing to read this article. Foundation official new teaser Text scenes Resume of whait is said Hari Seldon : You can't save yourselves. Hari Seldon : But you can save your legacy. ♪♪ ♪♪ (Walking) (Water drips) Eto Demerzel : You can't be here. You know that. Brother Dusk : I can't be the first one who wanted to see my youngest self. (Plinked) ♪♪ Brother Dusk : Strange. Brother Dusk : Watching yourself being born. ♪♪ Brother Day : Our genetic dynasty has reigned for almost four-centuries. ♪♪ Brother Day : The might of the Imperium (Explosions) Brother Day : has brought peace to thousands of worlds. ♪♪ Brother Day : But the beliefs of one man. ♪♪ Brother Day : Now threaten the empire's very existence. ♪♪ Hari Seldon : I'm not a revolutionary. ♪♪ Gaal Dornick : His calculations are correct. The Empire is dying. Hari Seldon : Order will vanish. Wars will be endless. Gaal Dornick : Only we can shorten the darkness. ♪♪ Brother Day : The man has amassed a following. Brother Day : People who hinge their hopes on every word Seldon utters. ♪♪ Brother Day : Words have a way of fanning into wildfires. ♪♪ Hari Seldon : You can't save yourselves. ♪♪ Hari Seldon : But you can your legacy. ♪♪ What's in the books? 1. "You can't save yourselves. But you can save your legacy." These sentences takes up part of the work of Hari Seldon (portrayed by Jared Harris) who has worked all his life on the Psychohistory and to preserve the knowledge of humanity. In particular with the first foundation and the encyclopedists who can be discovered in the book from the first book of the trilogy "Foundation (1951)". So we can guess that Legacy means Humanity knowledge. 2. "You can't be here. You know that." This (fortunately) does not change the "Prelude to Foundation (1988)" and "Forward the Foundation (1993)" books. Eto Demerzel always seems to be pulling the strings on the Emperor's side. 3. "The might of the Imperium has brought peace to thousands of worlds. But the beliefs of one man. Now threaten the empire's very existence. The man has amassed a following. People who hinge their hopes on every word Seldon utters. Words have a way of fanning into wildfires." As in the books the Emperor (portrayed by Lee Pace) is wary of Hari Seldon's speeches predicting the end of the Empire and a long era of chaos that will follow. Many people trust Hari Seldon's predictions which makes him dangerous in the eyes of the Emperor. 4. "(Hari Seldon) I'm not a revolutionary. (Gaal Dornick) His calculations are correct. The Empire is dying. (Hari Seldon) Order will vanish. Wars will be endless. (Gaal Dornick) Only we can shorten the darkness." Despite Hari Seldon's predictions being correct and confirmed by young Gaal Dornick, he has issues with Trantor's justice. In the photo above from the teaser, Hari Seldon appears to be in Trantor's courthouse like in the first book of the trilogy : "Foundation (1951)". What is not in the books ? 5. "(Brother Dusk) I can't be the first one who wanted to see my youngest self. (Brother Dusk) Strange. (Brother Dusk) Watching yourself being born. (Brother Day) Our genetic dynasty has reigned for almost four-centuries." A dynasty of emperor clones over a period of 400 years. It's a surprising element which is not present in the books and which is a very interesting scenario worked out by the production. Is this a nod to Star Wars and its clone room ? Either way, it got one of our Facebook page followers excited who wrote the following comment : "A genetic dinasty of clone emperors ! A great idea ! Given the dynasty's ongoing success and popular approval rate through the centuries, this would stave off power struggles and uprisings, bringing stability to the empire. But of course, this is also a major factor in psychohistorical formulas and calculations. Why didn't Asimov think of this before ?" Alex Altorfer. Don't hesitate to react in comment to this part of the teaser. I'm really interested to have your thoughts about it ! Others interesting scenes Awesome images of Trantor The great and mighty Trantor, the center of the Galaxy. 40 billion inhabitants. The teaser made us want to discover it in more detail with these few photos ! Epic battles in space and on the ground Yes, we all know that "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". But admit that it's still badass to see Salvor Hardin with a weapon ! Even if some purists will fall from their chair ... BUT (theory) Maybe it's a production twist. In the teaser, they show us a Salvor Hardin totally different from the one we know in the book which is a controversial subject. When the series begins, they could simply show us the youth of Salvor Hardin before he became mayor and the event that taught him his famous quote : "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". The battle scenes of the teaser are impressive and will probably give dynamism to the series. After all, Isaac Asimov never described the battle scenes in his books ... Clarke Peters as a Mysterious Character According to IMDb, we don't know the name of this character portrayed by Clarke Peters. We only know that he will be present in 7 episodes. Prime radiant ? Gaal Dornick portrayed by Lou Llobell appears to activate the Prime Radiant which projects equations to predict the future. Vision of chaos Difficult to define the context of these explosions and images of catastrophes. Predictions or real events in the present ? Maybe you will be more inspired than I on this subject ? In any case, these scenes are impressive. Alicia Gerrard as Yate Still too little information about this character. But we can at least see Alicia Gerrard for a brief moment in her role. We know a little bit more about 2 characters What a pleasure to finally see the talented Kubbra Sait as Phara and the talented Nikhil Parmar as Freestone ! Now we know that they seem close to Salvor Hardin portrayed by Leah Harvey. One more light ... (In tribute to Chester Bennington from Linkin Park) We end this article with a mysterious man with a beanie. The clothes he wears are intriguing because they seem to come from our time and are very different from those worn by the other characters in the series. I am therefore curious to know the context afterwards. The luminous symbol also questions its effects. According to the teaser, he doesn't enlighten people for their sake ... And you ? What are your thoughts about this new teaser ? Hope you enjoyed reading this article and don't hesitate to use the comment section to react about it ! You can also read the breakdown from the showrunner, David S. Goyer, here.
- panel discussion of first seasonIn Season 1·2 décembre 2021panel discussion between Cora Buhlert, Joel McKinnon, and me about the first season of Foundation on Apple TV+1115
- Here's why it's hard for me (& perhaps others) to love the show using Lee's "Halt & Catch Fire" as a contrastIn Foundation Discussions·29 novembre 2021Here's why this first season has basically made me not look forward to the next two with the caveat that the show remains watchable and doesn't turn into Battlestar Galactica: The Gospel of Angel Kara/Starbuck, which was pretty much when I'd stopped watching and got the periodic summary from friends were still into the show. The best way to describe this feeling is to illustrate it against a prior show staring Lee Pace, 'Halt & Catch Fire'. First of all, the show started with a reasonably mundane premise and that was the start of the laptop/portable PC clone business in Texas's "Silicon Prairie" in the metro Dallas area. It was loosely influenced by the rise of Compaq computers when IBM was the de facto PC megalith. So with the above in mind, I was expecting it to be some corporate snooze-fest, using tactics from age old soap operas like 'Dallas' or what have you, to keep it going. Instead, for at least the first season, as the adjacent characters were being fleshed out like Cameron and Donna, Lee Pace as tech visionary/salesman Jim Macmillan, put the entire show on his back and carried it to the finale. And he was fabulous. Thanks to excellent writers, he played the snarkiest and most manipulative business visionary I've ever seen on the small screen. It was almost as if the writers needed time to build up the show's supporting cast (since the first techie, Gordon, wasn't so engaging of a sidekick) so they let Jim Macmillan have the first season for himself. And given that it was the city of Dallas, also a part of the 70s/80s Oil Patch, Macmillan blew the likes of the more cartoonish JR Ewing out of the water in terms of believably, authenticity, and a man of pure conviction in his ideals despite being a constant deceiver. He pushed around the supporting characters around him in every possible devious way, until those first PC clones shipped by the finale, indicating that IBM (or Texas Instruments, as some local in-town rival) would not have a monopoly on the laptop/desktop and that they'd be the first of the successful PC clone makers. Sure, the following seasons spread the work load out among others, so that Lee Pace wasn't the single torch bearer, but the point was that his performance along with good writing made the show's debut season a stunning success. And yes, Cameron was a firecracker, along with sidekick Donna, as time went by which only made the show's seasons 2 to 4, entertaining and fun to watch. In contrast, nothing of interpersonal meaning happened in 'Foundation'. Lee Pace was yes, a "Jim Macmillan-ish" Emperor but there was little there, since they didn't develop his inner thoughts on the spiral walk nor his relationship with Dawn, prior to his death by Ito. Pace was just being regal and authoritarian. And throughout the time, the writers were just bouncing around the various expositions on the cloning process, the paintings on the wall, etc. Even the description of Trantorian life, outside of the palace, was scant. And as for Demerzel, as time went by, she seemed more like some schizophrenic android than an advanced AI who's been at the game of 'rule from behind the throne' for 11 millennia. And despite Jared Harris being a talented actor, Hari Seldon was merely a pontificating professor whose 11th hour arrival as an AI was completely predictable. And as for the psychic mother and daughter, they were just that … being psychic. Most viewers know what psychism is. It's a well developed ability in countless movies and TV shows, outside of stage mentalists like Uri Gellar. The show attempted to make it some startling revelation when it's a rather trite point once you've observe it, either on the screen or as a parlor game among performers. Sorry, but that doesn't make for a good season 1. Watch 'Halt & Catch Fire' if you want to know how to take an average story and make something great out of it with Lee Pace at the helm.1164
- A thread for people who love the show.In Foundation Discussions·22 novembre 2021Many of the threads on the forum are by people who seem to not really like the show, and that is not fun for me to read. I’m a big fan of the books, and a bigger fan of the show. I love how the show expands on Eto Demerzel’s character, someone who was only in the prequel books. If Foundation were to be made into a series truly based on the books it would be more of an anthology, which wouldn’t allow for good character development. I think Goyer is doing great. It still feels like the Foundation novels, but it would have been boring without action scenes and so many characters without connections between them. What were your favorite changes that Goyer made? Did you like the ending to the first season? What are your predictions for season 2?2248